Turn Your Key, Be Idle Free Protect Blue Skies, Breathe Easier
11th Annual Governor’s Declaration for Idle Free Month of September and Idle Free Season 2018-2019.
We will gather with Utah Mayors, the Governor’s Office, Utah Stakeholders, Utah cities, Community Members and Students at the capital city with a media event.
Please join Utah Clean Cities Board of Trustees for the official reading of the 11th Annual Declaration by Dr. Laura Nelson, Energy Adviser to the Governor; a Mayoral welcome to our capital city by Mayor Biskupski and UCAIR, Utah Clean Air Caucus, Intermountain Health Care, Utah State University Student Idle Free Poster Art and SLGreen.
This year we will highlight the 8 Idle Free Utah Cities along with the 71 Utah Mayors who Signed the Declaration for Idle Free with Governor Herbert (Click here for UCC BLOG)
- Welcome Turn Your Key, Be Idle Free~ Breathe Easier, Save Money and Protect Blue Sky, Utah Clean Cities Executive Board
- Utah’s Capital City Welcomes Idle Free Cities – Mayor Jackie Biskupski, Salt Lake City
- Governor’s Declaration- Dr. Laura Nelson, Energy Adviser, Governor’s Office of Energy Development
- Utah Clean Air Partnership- UCAIR, Thom Carter
- Utah Bi-partisan Clean Air Caucus- Representative Patrice Arent and Representative Lowry Snow
- Idle Free Fleets & Intermountain Health Center – Steve Bergstrom and Dr. Liz Joy
- Utah High School Idle Free Art Posters- Dr. Roslynn Brain, Utah State University
- Closing Statements- Utah Clean Cities Board and Salt Lake City Sustainability, Deputy Director, Debbie Lyons
We will be recognizing the Utah Mayors of these cities:
- Cottonwood Heights
- Park City
- Salt Lake City
See the artwork of these amazing student clean air advocates at the Salt Lake City and County Building this September to Celebrate Idle Free in Utah!