Job & Internship Opportunities
Project Manager (Open until Filled)
Utah Clean Cities Coalition (UCCC), is a statewide, 501(c)3 nonprofit with the mission to advance the energy, economic, and environmental security of the United States by supporting local decisions to adopt practices that reduce the use of petroleum in the transportation sector. UCCC has effectively worked with local community leaders and the public and private sectors to promote smart transportation transitions and air pollution reduction practices. The overall impact on awareness of and reduction of pollution emissions in Utah has afforded UCCC award-winning recognition for success both locally and nationally.
- Title: Project Manager
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Pay Range: $55,000-$70,000
- Benefits: 401k, Health Stipend, PTO
- Location: Salt Lake City preferred (Must be based in Utah)
- Term: Full-Time – Exempt
- Travel Requirement: 10%-15%
- Recruitment Date: August 9th, 2021 until filled
This position is responsible for managing Utah Clean Cities (UCC) federal and non-federal projects, coordinating with UCC staff to meet organizational deliverables, promoting the programs and services of UCC through organizational communications with a focus on writing, editing, and managing content for materials. The Project Manager works closely with the UCC staff including the Executive Director, Senior Project Managers, Communications Manager, as well as the Office Manager, Business Manager/Consultant, and the UCC Board of Trustees to effectively manage UCC projects and communicate the goals, vision, and purpose of UCC. Note this position is not a supervisory position at this time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned current federal and non-federal grants
- Manage & communicate project management plans for UCC projects and make sure project deliverables & goals are met.
- Developing Project Management Plans and tracking all deliverables
- Support Executive Director with project tasks, meetings, events etc.
- Coordinate with UCC staff to plan and execute project tasks
- Comply with all general and reporting requirements set out by funding source
- Lead reporting efforts and support Executive Director by tracking deliverables for reporting well in advance
- Assist the Executive Director in seeking out funding sources for programs
- Support UCC with new funding opportunities
- Technical writing, grant writing & editing
- Generally support UCC staff with the management of organization with various task management tools including; Google Suite, Smartsheets, etc.
Support with Internship Program (As Assigned)
- UCC has the opportunity to obtain funding to support one to two interns funded through the Clean Cities Workforce Development Program.
- Interns may be assigned to specific managers as desired and available. Project Manager will be required to support and mentor the intern to help them develop their professional skills.
Coordinate & Support Event Planning
- Support UCC by managing event planning tasks, such as securing speakers, securing location and/or vehicle to showcase, communicating with press
- Prepare news advisories and press releases. Act as a spokesperson as appropriate to ensure accurate media representatives.
- Updated UCC Event Page
- Support Webinar Registration
- Create Visual Content
Supporting with Coordinating Communications & Outreach
- Support UCC Communication Manager with communication deliverables
- Graphic Design Support
- Copy editing communication documents
- Assist in the creation of visual content to communicate organization’s message
- Coordinate with Communication Manager and other UCC staff to ensure deadlines & goals are met with the following communication deliverables:
- Newsletter: Monthly 6-8 pages
- News Brief: Monthly 1-2 pages
- Social Media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn — Weekly SM Content Creation and Scheduling
- Website: Weekly & ongoing updating UCC & project webpages (utahcleancities.org; driveelectricutah.org; corwest.org)
- Attend and participate in weekly, monthly, annual staff, partners and board meetings and support in materials and agenda development as requested.
- Support other UCC staff as requested to create a supportive and connected team
- Coordinate with UCC staff to maintain UCC memberships and partnerships
- Support UCC Executive Director to secure new members
- 3-5 years of project management experience in the field of sustainability and energy efficiency, environmental management, or alternative fuels/energy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and virtual communication (zoom, teams, meets) tools, including Social Media platforms
- Background in grant writing and management. Familiarity with federal and non-federal grant management processes and tools is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, program and external partners, and the public
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and grant writing/management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Resourceful team member with the ability to work independently effectively and communicate clearly.
- Ability to adapt to various competing demands and changing priorities due to the nature of the workflow
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Relevant Bachelors/Graduate degree
- Background knowledge of Sustainability practices, especially within the realm of cleaner renewable energy (fuels) and vehicle technologies
- Understanding of GIS and Mapping software a plus
COVID-19 Restrictions: The UCC team is currently 100% remote, however we are typically located within downtown Salt Lake City. While UCC is flexible with remote work locations, once our office space is available, we will re-evaluate remote work.
Utah Clean Cities is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion or otherwise as may be prohibited by federal and state law.
To Apply, please submit a Cover Letter detailing your interested and qualifications for this position and a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email inquiries only please.
Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program - Ongoing Internship Opportunity
Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program – Ongoing Internship Opportunity
We are pleased to announce the launch of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program (CCUWDP)
The Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program. Clean Cities strives to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector in nearly 100 communities across the country. Since the creation of the CCUWDP in 2010, Clean Cities has hosted more than 350 interns in more than 60 Coalitions.
The Clean Cities internship will give students studying communications, public relations, business, marketing, engineering or environmental sciences, the opportunity to grow public awareness and expand the markets of advanced vehicle technologies, alternative fuels, and practices that reduce the consumption of petroleum. Students have participated in research, outreach activities, public education, K-12 outreach, fleet events, and a vast array of transportation-related environmental projects. Utah Clean Cities is a part of the National Network of nearly 100 Clean Cities and covers the entire state of Utah. Please see the “About Us” Page to learn more about Utah Clean Cities.
Specific Internship Details:
Spring 2022 Internship Approximate Dates TBD
- Current undergraduate (Junior or Senior only) student, graduate student, or up to one year past graduation
- Educational focus and/or experience with Advanced and Alternative Fuels encouraged
To Apply: Send resume & cover letter t0 Kelly Barrett; email@example.com
Physical Address: 451 S. State Street, Ste. 415, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 145474, Salt Lake City, UT 84114