Job & Internship Opportunities
Communications & Outreach Fellow - Posted 11/25/2020
Communications & Outreach Fellow
Job Summary: Communications & Outreach Fellow to work with the Executive Director and Project Managers, UCC staff and interns, to plan, direct and implement communications strategies for promotion of cleaner air quality, alternative fuels, and advanced vehicle technologies. Communications & Outreach Fellow will work to increase public awareness of emissions impacts and solutions to educate policymakers, and public and private stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities: Manage Organization Communications
• Monthly 6-8 pages
• UCC Announcements, Upcoming Webinars, Industry News & Events, Grants and Incentives, NW Regional Highlight, Case Study Highlight / UCC Resources
• Monthly 1-2 pages
• Webinar, UCC Resources, Highlighted Events
• Weekly SM Content Creation and Scheduling
• Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
• Weekly & ongoing updating UCC webpage (utahcleancities.org)
o Updating Events & Webinars
o Updating Press Releases, UCC in the News
o Updating Grants & Incentives
o Updating Membership
o Updating Blogs & Case Studies
o Updating Resources
o Updating Archived Newsletters
Communication Analyzing and Growth Strategy:
• Use data to determine outreach goals and build on member incentives.
• Support organization with detailed tracking and issue quarterly communication reports.
• Offer support on how to grow organization membership, and communications program.
• Develop quarterly communications reports on Newsletter, Website and Social Media
Organizational & Event Support:
• Prepare news advisories and press releases. Act as a spokesperson as appropriate to ensure accurate media representatives.
o Press Releases
o Media Communications
• UCC Event Page
• Webinar Registration Support
• Visual Content Creation
• Copy editing communication documents
• Technical writing
• Graphic Design Support
• Assist in the creation of visual content to communicate organization’s message
Desired Qualifications: • Undergraduate Senior, Graduate Student pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, and or environmental sciences, or professional with experience in communications or marketing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
• A keen eye for detail
• Organized and efficient in ability to document, manage, monitor and track data
• Experience with workflow and information management tools such as Google Drive
• Willingness to go above and beyond in order to make things happen
Experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, or Canva
• Ability to work 15-20 hours per week
• Must have your own laptop and cell phone, with willingness to use for UCC
Benefits / Why Work for Us:
Utah Clean Cities Coalition (UCCC), formerly Salt Lake Clean Cities, was the 16th coalition in the nation to join the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Clean Cities Program in 1994. Today it is one of nearly 100 coalitions across the country that is part of the U.S. DOE’s Vehicle Technologies Program—a program designed to reduce the U.S. import and overall consumption of petroleum. Since its establishment UCCC has grown into a statewide, 501(c)3 nonprofit with a robust network that spans the state and the nation.
Through the promotion of alternative fuels, alternative fuel vehicles, and fuel economy strategies, the coalition has worked to ease concerns about volatile gas prices and rising public and environmental health issues. Working closely with the federal and state government, as well as its stakeholders, UCCC leverages its resources to bring funding into Utah to support the development and deployment of alternative fuel infrastructure and vehicles.
The UCCC team is a dynamic, self starting, collaborative group who loving call themselves “transportation nerds”. We are always welcoming new talent and would love to *virtually* meet you! This position is part-time contract based with opportunity to grow as funding and compatibility allows.
How to Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter.
Compensation Type: Hourly wages
Hourly Wage Minimum: $15/hour
Hourly Wage Maximum: $20/hour
Salary Minimum: This is an hourly wage position.
Salary Maximum: This is an hourly wage position.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program - Ongoing Internship Opportunity
Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program – Ongoing Internship Opportunity
We are pleased to announce the launch of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program (CCUWDP)
The Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program. Clean Cities strives to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector in nearly 100 communities across the country. Since the creation of the CCUWDP in 2010, Clean Cities has hosted more than 350 interns in more than 60 Coalitions.
The Clean Cities internship will give students studying communications, public relations, business, marketing, engineering or environmental sciences, the opportunity to grow public awareness and expand the markets of advanced vehicle technologies, alternative fuels, and practices that reduce the consumption of petroleum. Students have participated in research, outreach activities, public education, K-12 outreach, fleet events, and a vast array of transportation-related environmental projects. Utah Clean Cities is a part of the National Network of nearly 100 Clean Cities and covers the entire state of Utah. Please see the “About Us” Page to learn more about Utah Clean Cities.
Specific Internship Details:
- Spring 2021 Internship Approximate Dates TBD
- Current undergraduate (Junior or Senior only) student, graduate student, or up to one year past graduation
- Educational focus and/or experience with Advanced and Alternative Fuels encouraged
To Apply: Send resume & cover letter t0 Emily Paskett email@example.com
Physical Address: 451 S. State Street, Ste. 415, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 145474, Salt Lake City, UT 84114