- This event has passed.
Advanced Vehicle and Fuels Awareness Month Declaration
November 1 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Join us as we celebrate the official signing of the 15th annual Advanced Governor’s Advanced Vehicle and Fuels Awareness Month Declaration, highlighting Utah’s production and use of alternative fuel strategies. Commemorating Governor Spencer Cox for signing this declaration for Utah, this event will highlight the positive impacts of Utah’s alternative energy production and implementation within the state’s transportation sector connecting alternative fuel corridors in both rural and urban areas. This year’s showcase will feature a range of RNG (Renewable Natural Gas) and EV (Electric Vehicle) heavy, medium, and light-duty vehicles from commercial fleets light-duty vehicle vendors, and educational institutes.
Location: Utah State Capitol (350 State St, Salt Lake City, UT)
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Governor’s Declaration and Speakers
- Location: Hall of Governors
- 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM – Vehicle Showcase and live music!
- Capitol South Steps
- Tammie Bostick, Executive Director, Utah Clean Cities
- Gregg Todd, Energy Advisor to the Governor and Director, Utah Office of Energy Development
- Jay Fox, Executive Director, Utah Transit Authority
- Lyle McMillan, Strategic Investment Director, Utah Department of Transportation
- Michael Masquelier, Chief Commercial Officer ASPIRE – Utah State University
- Thomas Holst, Senior Energy Analyst, Kem Gardner Innovation Center
- Kim Frost, Executive Director, Utah Clean Air Partnership
- Salt Lake City School District – electric Microbird
- Atlas Disposal – RNG Rolloff truck
- Weber State Autotech – teaching the Tesla Model 3
- Tesla – Model X
- Rivian – R1T
- Young Automotive – Ford F150 Lightning and E-350 Transit van
- Utah Transit Authority – Full-electric transit bus
- Cummins – CNG Engine