Energy Independence Summit 2019 is the nation’s premier clean transportation policy summit. The Summit provides a unique opportunity for Clean Cities Coalitions and leaders in the clean transportation industry to network and build partnerships with each other, and with key Congressional and Administration policymakers in Washington, DC.
Attn: Utah Clean Cities’ Members
You will have the opportunity to:
• Meet with key leaders in the Administration and Congress.
• Learn the latest on how to leverage investments from the Volkswagen Settlement.
• Network with the nation’s Clean Cities Coalitions and top industry leaders.
• Participate in Roundtable discussions with DOE, EPA, DOT, and USDA.
• Learn about new technologies and market developments that are driving the alternative fuels industry forward.
• Participate in Capitol Hill Day meetings and educate your Members of Congress about your successful projects
. achieved in partnership with government and industry.
• Attend the Capitol Hill Day reception hosted by UPS.
• Attend the Salute to Clean Cities reception.
Energy Independence Summit 2019 will take place at the attractive Westin Georgetown Hotel in Washington, DC.
Sunday February 10
4:30-6:30 Registration Open
6:00-10:00 Informal Gathering at Westin Georgetown Hotel (No Host Bar)
Monday February 11
6:45-8:15 Registration and Continental Breakfast at the Westin Georgetown Hotel
8:30-8:45 Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45-9:45 Outlook for the Alternative Fuels Industry: Roundtable of Clean Transportation Industry Leaders
9:45-10:45 Clean Transportation Policy Accomplishments in 2017 and Congressional Outlook for 2018
10:45-11:00 NETWORKING BREAK
11:00-12:00 Partnering with Utilities to Advance Clean Fuels and Vehicles
12:00-1:00 LUNCH WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER
1:00-2:00 The Volkswagen Settlement: How to Leverage Alternative Fuels Investments
2:00-3:00 Innovative State and Local Clean Transportation Programs
3:00-3:30 NETWORKING BREAK
3:30-4:15 What Smart Cities and Smart Mobility Mean for Alternative Fuels
4:15-5:00 Preparing for Capitol Hill Day
5:30-7:30 Salute to Clean Cities Reception – Celebrating 25 Years of the DOE Clean Cities Program
Tuesday February 12 – Capitol Hill Day
7:30-9:00 Capitol Hill Day Breakfast Briefing in the Rayburn House Office Building on Capitol Hill
9:00-6:00 Meetings with Congressional Offices
- Clean Cities Coordinators and other Summit participants will participate in a full day of meetings with key Congressional Committees and offices.
5:30-8:00 Capitol Hill Energy Independence Reception – Sponsored by UPS
Wednesday February 13 – Roundtables with Federal Agencies
8:45-9:30 Roundtable with U.S. Department of Energy
9:30-10:15 Roundtable with U.S. Department of Transportation
10:15-10:30 NETWORKING BREAK
10:30-11:15 Roundtable with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
11:15-12:00 Roundtable with U.S. Department of Agriculture