Charging and Fueling Infrastructure Discretionary Grant Program: Webinar 2
Webinars to share information about the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the CFI Program will be held on the following dates. Webinars are open to the public and registration is required.
Register Here: https://usdot.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_L4-dFFn5TFivHvsm3b9j3Q
The Charging and Fueling Infrastructure Discretionary Grant Program (CFI Program) is a new competitive grant program created by President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to strategically deploy publicly accessible electric vehicle charging and alternative fueling infrastructure in the places people live and work – urban and rural areas alike – in addition to along designated Alternative Fuel Corridors (AFCs). CFI Program investments will make modern and sustainable infrastructure accessible to all drivers of electric, hydrogen, propane, and natural gas vehicles. This program provides two funding categories of grants: (1) Community Charging and Fueling Grants (Community Program); and (2) Alternative Fuel Corridor Grants (Corridor Program). The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law provides $2.5 billion over five years for this program. This NOFO offers up to $700 million from Fiscal Years 2022 and 2023 to strategically deploy electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure and other alternative fueling infrastructure projects in urban and rural communities in publicly accessible locations, including downtown areas and local neighborhoods, particularly in underserved and disadvantaged communities.
Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
FY22/23 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the CFI Program is available on grants.gov.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Eligible applicants include:
- States or political subdivision of States
- Metropolitan planning organizations
- Unit of local governments
- Special purpose districts or public authorities with a transportation function, including port authorities
- Indian tribes
- U.S. Territories
- Authorities, agencies, or instrumentalities or entities owned by, one or more entities listed above
- Group of entities listed above
- State or local authorities with ownership of publicly accessible transportation facilities (applies to Community Program only)