DOE Funding Announcement!
Interested partners — Please reach out to UCC for partnership and project opportunities.
Funding Posting Date: TBD (est. February 2023)
Funding #: DE-FOA-0002892
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)‘s Vehicle Technology Office has announced a notice of intent to issue the Fiscal Year 2023 Vehicle Technologies Office Program Wide Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA).
“This FOA will advance research, development, demonstration, and deployment (RDD&D) in several areas critical to achieving net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050, including: reduction of weight and cost of batteries, reduction in life cycle emissions of advanced lightweight materials, reduced costs and advanced technologies for both on- and off-road vehicle charging and infrastructure, innovative public transit solutions, and training to increase deployment of these technologies among diverse communities.”
Areas of Interest Include:
- Area of Interest 1: High-Capacity, Long Cycle Life Lithium-Sulfur (Li-S) Batteries
- Area of Interest 2: Advanced Integrated Charging System
- Area of Interest 3: Charging Concepts for Off-Road
- Area of Interest 4: Circularity and Sustainability of Polymer Composites for Vehicle Lightweighting and Decarbonization
- Area of Interest 5: Low Cost, Low Carbon Magnesium Production
- Area of Interest 6: Novel Lightweight Materials
- Area of Interest 7: Modeling, Analyzing, and Addressing Knowledge Gaps in the Workforce Supporting Electric Vehicles and the Related Supply Chain
- Area of Interest 8: Mobility System Approaches Supporting Public Transportation
- Area of Interest 9: Reducing Soft Costs of Electric Vehicle Infrastructure to Enable Widespread Deployment
- Area of Interest 10: Addressing Critical Workforce Training Needs for Transportation Electrification
- Area of Interest 11: Consumer Education for Electric Vehicle Charging
- Area of Interest 12: Demonstration and Deployment – Open Topic
Learn more about the notice of intent for this FOA Here